Abiding in the Self

Abiding in the Self

Janaka said:
12.1
Becoming first intolerant of action,
then of excessive speech,
then of thought itself,
I come to be here.
12.2
Neither sounds nor other sense perceptions
attract my attention.
Even the Self is unperceived.
The mind is free, undistracted, one-pointed.
And here I am.
12.3
Effort is required
to concentrate a distracted mind
superimposed with illusion.
Knowing this, I remain here.
12.4
Nothing to reject,
nothing to accept.
No joy, no sorrow.
Lord God I am here.
12.5
The four stages of life,
life without stages,
meditation, renunciation, objects of mind—
nothing but distractions.
I am forever here.
12.6
Doing and not-doing
both arise from ignorance.
I know this.
And I am here.
Thinking of the unthinkable One
unavoidably conjures thought.
I choose no-thought
and remain here.
12.8
Blessed is he
who attains this by effort.
Blessed is he
who is such by nature.

टिप्पणियाँ

इस ब्लॉग से लोकप्रिय पोस्ट

श्रीरुद्रद्वादशनामस्तोत्रम्

शिव नाम की महिमा

इन इक्कीस वस्तुओं को सीधे पृथ्वी पर रखना वर्जित होता है